Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It's a new day....

"I woke up this mornin' feelin' brand new... Cause the dreams that I've been dreamin' finally came true...."

I can't help it. I just have to sing along with Will.I.Am today....



Did you watch yesterday? No. 2 son left his campus at 3:30 a.m. to be part of history. No. 1 son had to drive to work at the very time our new president was giving his inaugural address -- and said he saw TWO cars on the road on his 10-mile drive. Everyone else was either on the National Mall or watching on television. How about you?

"Remember: It's you and me together." Yes, it's a new day.

3 comments:

sheila philp said...

Pat,
I thought of JD all day yesterday, wondering where in that sea of hope he was stationed and envying his proximity to such a profound event.
I too share the hope in the promise of Barack's ability to inspire and motivate our country and it's people. I'm off to work with a lighter step and a firm commitment to put the dream in practice.
Sheila

Candy said...

A truly inspiring, exhilarating day!! My daughter skipped her morning class to watch and she texted me right after Obama's speech that she had goose bumps. My mother, the first in her family to be born in the U.S. and who lost most of her relatives to the Nazis, said what brought tears to her eyes was watching the peaceful transition of power and then the parade with the people happy, dancing, and not a single person goose-steppping.

Pat said...

While JD didn't get to be in the sea of hope (no bulletproof vest yet), Dan certainly was there -- from 4 a.m. on!! He said it was amazing! JD, stationed where the backup jail for mass arrests was supposed to be, was pretty bored with no arrests at all! Imagine, 1.9 million people and no issues. It's a new day, for sure...